Prior to starting Lewis Law Firm, Mr. Lewis began his legal career at one of the oldest Washington, DC personal injury firms, where he worked for a number of years. There, he litigated numerous cases throughout Maryland and recovered millions of dollars on behalf of his clients.
A few recent notable cases include the following:
- Over Half-Million Dollar jury verdict against Geico Insurance Company
- $750,000.00 settlement for a construction worker injured when struck by a forklift operator;
- $400,000.00 settlement for a motorcyclist who sustained serious injuries when struck by a negligent driver;
- $200,000.00 jury verdict for a plaintiff injured in an auto collision;
- a Six-Figure settlement for a woman who aggravated a pre-existing knee injury when she tripped and fell on a defective sidewalk;
- $200,000.00 judgment for a client who was injured due to a local gym's negligence in failing to repair a leaking roof.
While in law school, Mr. Lewis was an avid competitor. As a member of the negotiations team, Mr. Lewis placed 2nd in the nation. Additionally, he was an integral member of the mock trial team, which he helped advance to the nationals.
Most notably, as a Rule 16 Assistant State's Attorney for Prince George's County, Maryland, Mr. Lewis polished his presentation of evidentiary arguments before the District Court of Maryland. This experience provided him with insight into the general practice of the courts and prosecuting attorneys. Prior to his term with the State's Attorney's office, Mr. Lewis clerked at a prestigious personal injury firm in Florida. While there, he worked with the tobacco litigation team, and on various personal injury, general negligence, and product liability cases which will prove useful in his practice areas.
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
Awards & Recognitions
- Super Lawyers® Rising Stars list, Maryland, 2021
- Super Lawyers® Rising Stars list, Maryland, 2022
- Super Lawyers® Rising Stars list, Maryland, 2023
- Maryland Association for Justice
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- Prince George's County Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- J.D., David A. Clarke School of Law, 2016
- M.A., University of Toledo, 2013
- B.A., University of Toledo, 2011